Welcome to VictoryGunner.Org - Please post an introduction! - Victory Gunner Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 02-05-2014, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to VictoryGunner.Org - Please post an introduction!

Welcome to VictoryGunner.Org - the largest and friendliest Victory Gunner forum! As a new member we ask that you introduce yourself to us. Tell us a bit about your riding history and a bit about yourself.

Thanks!

VictoryGunner.Org Staff
post #2 of 16 Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
New here. Interested in seeing what the Gunner turns out to be exactly. I come from a history of HD's. currently im bikeless and looking to get back into it, weighing out my options with the Gunner being one of them.

post #3 of 16 Old 02-18-2014, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hello from the new guy! Just in here to gather info on the victory gunner not sure if its all hype but going to be here a bit.

post #4 of 16 Old 02-18-2014, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
New here. Interested in seeing what the Gunner turns out to be exactly. I come from a history of HD's. currently im bikeless and looking to get back into it, weighing out my options with the Gunner being one of them.
what are your other choice for bike to buy?
post #5 of 16 Old 12-21-2014, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I presently own a '13 Sportster Iron--I bought it for myself as a retirement gift in June of 2013. I began riding back in 1977 and have owned several bikes over the years, but the Sportster was always calling out to me. However, I recently saw the Gunner on the net and--surprise of surprises--it grabbed my eye and hasn't let go.
So far, I've checked out the Gunner at two different dealerships thinking that seeing it for real would put a damper on my desire for one...that didn't happen. In fact, I like it more now than ever. This freaks me out a bit, but I believe I like it because I see it as a Sportster on steroids and as a blank canvas for modifications, and I like to modify vehicles almost as much as I like to ride bikes.
So, I don't yet own one, but I see it coming...the dealer in Ft Wayne has made me an offer that I might not be able to refuse.

Rob S
post #6 of 16 Old 12-30-2014, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi fellow bike lovers!

Ever since my dad bought me a Honda trail bike (50cc) I've had a motorcycle. I did take a break from biking when I had children... wife didn't want me riding because she didn't want fatherless kids... but it's in my blood so after a few years I was back in the saddle again. Since my dad always bought Hondas as I got older, I've continued to buy them once I got my own license.

My early years riding was on dirt bikes. First the Honda Trail 50, then a 125cc, then a 250cc. After riding dirt bikes ran its course, I jumped on smaller road bikes, mostly for city driving. I remember one of my favorite bikes when I was in my 20s was a Honda Nighthawk 700. I'm no longer in my 20s (wish I were!), but I'm still riding a smaller road bike: Honda Phantom (750cc). But I'm tired of the heavy vibration at highway speeds and I'm hoping to take some longer rides this year, so it's time to get a bigger bike.

The Gunner is at the top of the list. But as I mentioned in a different thread, I'm use to Honda reliability. Switching to an American-made bike is making me nervous. I know American-made bikes are much higher quality than in the past, but Honda has been so good to me that swithcing is difficult. Honda doesn't make a bike with what the Gunner offers.

Two things have to happen for me to get a Gunner:

1. I have to get a fair trade-in price for my Honda Phantom. And...

2. My wife has to give the green light to spending the difference between the Phantom and the Gunner.

#1 shouldn't be a problem. #2 is going to be a difficult sell. Wish me luck!

Floyd
post #7 of 16 Old 01-02-2015, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Hi fellow bike lovers!

The Gunner is at the top of the list. But as I mentioned in a different thread, I'm use to Honda reliability. Switching to an American-made bike is making me nervous. I know American-made bikes are much higher quality than in the past, but Honda has been so good to me that swithcing is difficult. Honda doesn't make a bike with what the Gunner offers.

Floyd
I have found the 2009 Vegas 8-BALL quality on par with my Honda ST1300 and my NT700. As for #2 , remember it is E-Zer to ask for forgiveness than permission!

Good luck! you will very happy with the Gunner (once you change the ugly pipes)!

Dave
post #8 of 16 Old 01-02-2015, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-BALL View Post
remember it is E-Zer to ask for forgiveness than permission!

Dave
Good advice! I may have to use this philosophy when she comes in from the garage screaming "Is that a new bike in the garage?"
post #9 of 16 Old 02-07-2015, 08:48 PM

Hello, got my Gunner last October and I love it. Glad to get the advantage of this forum.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-31-2015, 01:26 AM

Hey guys, Just walked in with my brother and picked up 2 gunners. The dealership tossed in passenger seat, sissy bar, and pegs. Had 2 days to put a deposit down before the prices go up 1k April 1st. Cant wait to get out and ride.
Victor likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page