Victory Gunner and its brother the Victory Judge - Victory Gunner Forum

post #1 of 11 Old 07-25-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Victory Gunner and its brother the Victory Judge

Victory Gunner

Victory Judge

One of the interesting things about Victory Motorcycles is that all of their bikes use the exact same 4-stroke V-twin engine. Still, Victory motorcycles differ from one another. The Victory Gunner and the Victory Judge have even more in common than just their engines, but they also have some differences. Here is a quick look at the similarities and differences between the two bikes.

First on the point of their similarities, the Victory Gunner and the Victory Judge have a lot in common. They have the same rake, wheelbase, suspension and tired, as well as the same engine. Even the styling of the two bikes are quite similar.

So what are the differences between the two bikes? Aesthetically, the Gunner gets some new 24-spoke cast aluminum shoes, and a tiny skirt instead of a robe. On top of that, the Gunner also is 10 lbs lighter than the Judge, and it's always a good move to shave some weight off. The Gunner also has its seat dropped by about an inch, and it is built to be for solo riders. All that amounts to the Gunner seeming like little more than a restyled Judge, which may be the case in truth. Of course, the other difference is price. The Gunner will cost you $12,999 while the Judge will cost you $13,999.

It seems to me that the biggest difference between the two is styling. Some people want a lighter bike and others want a bike that is more imposing. At the end of the day the Judge will have you spending $1,000 more for a different look, and not much change in performance (other than the 10 lbs shaved off in weight.) The decision seems easy for me; I'm going for the Gunner.

Last edited by GunnerAdmin; 07-28-2014 at 04:51 PM.
post #2 of 11 Old 07-29-2014, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
got to love those wheels on teh judge, it reminds me of the 5 spoke wheels you'd see on a old camaro.

post #3 of 11 Old 07-30-2014, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

The rims on both are great TBH. I do like the Judge wheels better though. I wonder if Victory sell rims from their other bikes as separate accessories. They could make some good extra money from selling those parts to people.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-30-2014, 06:52 PM

fair enough, it all comes down to opinion.

post #5 of 11 Old 08-01-2014, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

I think that Victory should offer more of their parts as separates. It could be kind of a build your own motorcycle type thing. All the parts should be compatible for the most part.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-01-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
I think that Victory should offer more of their parts as separates. It could be kind of a build your own motorcycle type thing. All the parts should be compatible for the most part.
from the factory and you configure it on your order sheet?

post #7 of 11 Old 08-21-2014, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

That, or you can just buy them afterwards. I guess the first option would be easier and cheaper.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-21-2014, 06:18 PM

Yeah packaged together it would be cheaper, it might result in a longer wait but it would indeed be cheaper, just not sure by how much, but it's still going to be something, better than nothing.

post #9 of 11 Old 08-22-2014, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Yeah packaged together it would be cheaper, it might result in a longer wait but it would indeed be cheaper, just not sure by how much, but it's still going to be something, better than nothing.
It would be a unique thing about Victory though. I think they could draw in a lot of customers with a business model like that. Who knows how expensive production would get though.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-22-2014, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
If I understand things correctly, the gunner has replaced the judge, or so I was told by my victory dealer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page