Gunning for Conquests? - Victory Gunner Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 18 Old 06-13-2014, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Gunning for Conquests?

I believe its fair to say Victory will not be achieving many conquest sales from Harley Davidson, however where Victory is poised to win big with the Gunner is conquests from the Japanese manufacturers.

Lets consider this on the basis of price, style and power.

Victory Gunner

Price: $14,499
Engine: 1731cc V-Twin

Yamaha Star Raider

Price: $14,990
Engine: 1854 cc V-Twin

Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Price: $14,299
Engine: 1783 cc V-Twin

Honda Fury

Price: $13,390
Engine: 1312 cc V-Twin

There's nothing doing between the available options in terms of price and displacement, well baring the Honda of course. The Gunner has the clear advantage in terms of urban manoeuvrability with the shortest wheelbase (64.7 in), the Raider comes in at 70.9 in, the M109 gets close at 67.3 in and the Honda is the lengthiest at 71.2 in.

Styling is where I feel the Victory really sets itself apart. The Japanese clearly have a case of trying too hard. In attempting to appeal to their idea of the ideal buyer the Japanese bikes are heavily stylized in your sterotypical ways, tribal graphics, excessive fork rake and garish pipes. Now this could come down to the relative age of the Japanese designs vs the Gunner. The Japanese bikes all found their styling in the mid '00's when that look was semi popular.

I think in terms of a functional and stylish urban bike the Gunner will enjoy plenty of conquest sales over its Japanese rivals simply because of its simplicity
post #2 of 18 Old 06-17-2014, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Victory styling is definitely best of the bunch. I do think that the Honda Fury is doing something interesting here though. Not for everyone, but unique for those who want to be different. Honda Fury also is a bit less expensive. The other two Japanese bikes I think are beat handily by the Gunner.
post #3 of 18 Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
Victory styling is definitely best of the bunch. I do think that the Honda Fury is doing something interesting here though. Not for everyone, but unique for those who want to be different. Honda Fury also is a bit less expensive. The other two Japanese bikes I think are beat handily by the Gunner.
Its true but you save $1000 and lose 400cc's... I mean not the biggest travesty. But keep in Mind the Honda is also the longest and most raked out meaning manoeuvrability will be horrid, in town that thing is going to be a witch...

post #4 of 18 Old 06-17-2014, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
just to note i can't get over that photo of a gunner on the beach, by far one of the best photos of a gunner

post #5 of 18 Old 06-19-2014, 03:46 PM

Not a big fan of the back rest on the Honda here. It looks forced.

Victory Gunner beach picture is pretty awesome. I like how there are all the sea gulls around.

The maneuverability thing is something to consider. I would still test out the Fury to see if it was really that bad though.
Erik likes this.
post #6 of 18 Old 06-19-2014, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Its just a sissy bar, pretty common staple of harleys and cruisers everywhere. I mean if you're not into it don't add one. Thats not a brand new bike, its obviously had some work done to it...
post #7 of 18 Old 06-20-2014, 04:26 PM

Yea I could definitely do without it. It doesn't even seem that useful for people who are on the back of the bike. It would look better without it for sure.
post #8 of 18 Old 06-20-2014, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
Not a big fan of the back rest on the Honda here. It looks forced.

Victory Gunner beach picture is pretty awesome. I like how there are all the sea gulls around.

The maneuverability thing is something to consider. I would still test out the Fury to see if it was really that bad though.
Rode the fury in 2010, found it very quiet and surprisingly maneuverable. Got in a hurry in 2009 and got the Vegas 8-BALL....glad I did.

DAC
post #9 of 18 Old 06-23-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-BALL View Post
Rode the fury in 2010, found it very quiet and surprisingly maneuverable. Got in a hurry in 2009 and got the Vegas 8-BALL....glad I did.

DAC
Would you say the Gunner or the 8ball is more manoeuvrable than the Fury, especially in and around town?
post #10 of 18 Old 06-23-2014, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
also interested in knowing that, might just have to try them out for myself or just try to find reviews where they talk about this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page