Marketing Jargon? - Victory Gunner Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gigolo Aunt

post #1 of 7 Old 02-25-2014, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Marketing Jargon?

To me at least it seems the Gunner lives in a world of pure marketing jargon, good products sell themselves. If the Gunner is as good as Victory would have us believe why the jargon? I operate on the firm basis that the harder anyone tries to sell you something the less likely that you need it. Same can be applied to people, the harder someone (or something in this case) tries to convince you it IS, the more likely its NOT.

Anyways, these are my ramblings...

The term Bobber seems to be used very liberally on Victory's part. I mean true bobbers are snarly and custom suited to the individual. In the Gunners context bobber seems to of morphed into "a cruiser with out bags or a screen"

You know when you're looking at a bobber, what do you KNOW when looking at the Gunner? That its nearly identical to every other cruiser out there let alone the similarities between the Gunner and the rest of Victory's lineup. I mean did Victory intentionally pen the Gunner to be as least offensive as possible? Bobbers are supposed to be gritty and antisocial, the Gunner just screams Wild Hogs!

Seriously nothing about the Gunner screams at me in the sense that I MUST HAVE IT. Seriously what sets it apart from every other cruiser on the market?

Oh BTW, this is a bobber...

post #2 of 7 Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
It could also be a case where they just want to ensure it sells although they know it's great. Might as well build up all the momentum you can right before sales start.

post #3 of 7 Old 02-26-2014, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
It could be that they want to give people a good base with which they can customize the Gunner to make it more suited to them personally. After all, (almost) every custom bike has to start out as a stock bike.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-26-2014, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
well which bikes do the gunner compete best with? lets compare the specs and price to see why the gunner is worth buying

personally i think it looks great, its light, its affordable
those are good enough reasons for me

post #5 of 7 Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doma View Post
well which bikes do the gunner compete best with? lets compare the specs and price to see why the gunner is worth buying

personally i think it looks great, its light, its affordable
those are good enough reasons for me
Oh absolutely, I'm not trying to knock the Gunner from a mechanical or functional standpoint, but I'm knocking Victory for calling it a bobber for the sake of marketing. Its not a bobber.
8-BALL likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-27-2014, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
looks similar enough for me.

post #7 of 7 Old 02-27-2014, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
It could be that they want to give people a good base with which they can customize the Gunner to make it more suited to them personally. After all, (almost) every custom bike has to start out as a stock bike.
Even HD is doing their with their much cheaper Street 500/750 bikes. Good way to make a bike affordable and leave people who have the extra cash left over to customize it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page