Pipes, Tuning & Custom work - Victory Gunner Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 04-14-2016, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pipes, Tuning & Custom work

Of course I want a better sound than stock!
But not real loud... And I don't want the popping and/or back firing when I back off the throttle.

A bit more torque would be fine (but not required), but I do want torque to start "coming on" at lower rpm's.

I want it to run well on regular gas. I was told by my dealer "it will run on regular, but fouls plugs." Proper tuning should
cure that! True?

The stock horse power is fine. But if it increases a bit, without trying, that's okay too. I say "without trying" because tuning for horsepower affects the torque, and for me, the torque comes first.

The result of this tune would be better sound, a more smoothly running engine, less weight, better fuel economy, less expensive gas, a happier, longer lasting engine, and a very happy owner.

My guess is it will be a LOT easier to tune it this way than tuning for big horsepower... So I my question is....
Who is the most reputable and "best" manufacturer that makes a set of two-into-one pipes and also supplies the rest of the parts needed for this type of tune?

I'm also going to have the bars (and the pegs) moved back two inches each (I'm 5'6"), better shocks installed (no peg scraping and a more supple ride), heated hand grips, fly screen (smoke black) windshield, remove front turn signals and replace with LED's, find a short "bobber" back fender and replace the stock one. Have all appropriate parts (front and rear fenders, tank etc.) painted glossy black so the bike will be glossy black on matte black with the machined wheels and bits accenting the black. The exhaust will be matte black, and the tank (glossy) will have the word "Victory" on it done in real gold leaf protected by clear-coat.

This will all be completed before I take delivery.

What do you all think? I look forward to your input.

Alexander
(Of course I'll post pics after I take delivery)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page