Finally got mine! - Page 3 - Victory Gunner Forum
 2Likes

post #21 of 34 Old 05-28-2014, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Wow, passenger seat actually looks good enough that in my opinion it improves how the bike looks. What other modifications do you have coming?
I want to replace the exhaust but that will not happen until after a year or two. Looking into blacking out the turn signals if I don't find a smoked lens replacement. Adding a power source for my gps and heated gears. That's it for now.
post #22 of 34 Old 05-28-2014, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
proper looking Clem! you layed down many miles yet? Just wondering if shes comfortable enough to put down say a full day road trip, or several days linked together. Might need a screen...
post #23 of 34 Old 05-28-2014, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Aunt View Post
proper looking Clem! you layed down many miles yet? Just wondering if shes comfortable enough to put down say a full day road trip, or several days linked together. Might need a screen...
Almost 300 miles on it and the longest ride was in a highway for about 70 miles. Butt was a bit sore but I do move around a bit and try to stand on the pegs for a few seconds, definitely not as comfortable as the mustang seat I have in my sportster, but the sportster vibrates a lot so that's a plus on the gunner, less vibration.

Not sure about a full day road trip and definitely need a screen if riding mostly highways.

post #24 of 34 Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemvm View Post
I want to replace the exhaust but that will not happen until after a year or two. Looking into blacking out the turn signals if I don't find a smoked lens replacement. Adding a power source for my gps and heated gears. That's it for now.
That is a nice list of things, do keep us posted on when they happen, interested in seeing it progress.

post #25 of 34 Old 05-31-2014, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

I did a nite shade to the turn signal and replaced the bulbs with amber 1156. It looks reddish in the picture but it is still more orange.

Now I'm thinking of doing the chrome headlight cover to black but I might try plasti-dip it first to see how it looks.
post #26 of 34 Old 06-02-2014, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Chrome to black would look great, tinting chrome looks sweet, looks like black chrome, might be something you want to look into

post #27 of 34 Old 12-17-2014, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Any progress on the bike mods?
post #28 of 34 Old 12-17-2014, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Not much modification yet, I'll probably start during spring. Just added a battery tender plug and also a plug for my heated gear.

I did learn how to replace the clutch lever and tail light. I dropped the bike when I tried to get off without putting the stand. Broke the lever and left turn signal. The left peg also supported the fall. Just glad no other damage or scratch to the paint.

I decided to get the black levers but it was on back order so I just fixed the lever with splint and tape .

The turn signal was busted really good so I just got a new one. Not that hard to replace.
post #29 of 34 Old 12-18-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemvm View Post
Before a nice memorial day ride.

Just added passenger seat and pegs for the wife.

Just bought amber turn signal bulbs. I'm going to tint the turn signal using nite-shade paint.
What seat did you use, the mid size or the one for $159?
post #30 of 34 Old 12-19-2014, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

I got the $159. But I got lucky on eBay, got it for $99. Although I forgot to bid on an OEM passenger backrest that ended with $40 bid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page