• 1 Post By Bama Hooligun
  • 1 Post By Victor

post #1 of 8 Old 08-24-2014, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Bama Hooligun's Review

Days owned = 2 / Miles ridden = 150

If you are looking for a powerful yet nimble minimalist blacked out Factory Bobber than this is the bike for you.

The 106 CI v-twin has got plenty of power, enough that I doubt I will ever install any power increasing upgrades. The transition from no throttle to on throttle is smooth, not abrupt like some bikes. The bike is easy to roll on throttle without lugging even when you should have down shifted first.

The mpg is claimed to be 45+. I can ride the bike at 70 mph without windshield or fairing on the interstate with out feeling to much wind or buffering. Shifting 6th gear (overdrive) helps to keep the mpg up.

The seat is soft and comfortable, probably the best factory seat I've ever sat on. I've looked at the Corbin seats which look great, but will have to think long and hard before replacing the stock seat. If you decide to ride 2 up you will need to buy a back seat and passage pegs and brackets.

With the shorter than a chopper wheelbase and excellent center of gravity and big fat front tire, this bike will easily hold your line while carving the twisties. The bike is surprising nimble for a motorcycle that weights in at 680 lbs.

While I would not describe the suspension as plush, it does a great job soaking up the bumps and potholes, and is firm enough to keep the bike from wallowing while flying around a curve.

The Suede Titanium metallic and black 2-tone paint is actually suede paint and not just a marketing term for matte. The suede paint requires special Victory cleaner and polish. But I got to say, the paint looks amazing.

The counter balancers in the engine do a great job of reducing the v-twin vibe. Very little vibration is transmitted to the seat, grips, and pegs. You can actually see clear images in the mirrors. If you press your knees to the tank you'll feel just enough vibe to remind you that your riding a big American v-twin.

The tranny has a neutral finder that works real well. The LCD on the speedometer has a gear indicator, clock and can be switched between odometer, trip, and rpm. It also shows error codes if you have some sort of malfunction.

This is the 8th bike I have owned and at this moment in time I would have to say that it is the best bike I have owned. My initial review of this bike is Excellent and I give it a 9 out of 10. I would give it a 10 out of 10 if the factory accessories, parts, and apparel were more reasonably priced.

Joe Kay likes this.

Bama Hooligun
2015 Gunner
post #2 of 8 Old 08-25-2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Days owned = 3 / Miles ridden = 250

Filled up tank today, appx 40 mpg, which seems pretty good for a new engine that is still going thru break in.
This bike requires 91 octane.

Running the twisty country roads this morning, still impressed on how this bike can run the curves.

Bama Hooligun
2015 Gunner
post #3 of 8 Old 10-16-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Great review, thanks for creating and posting this!

Joe Kay likes this.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-28-2014, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great review of the bike. Did not know about the switch for the odometer,rpm,and the trip. Just bought my Gunner 2 days ago!!
post #5 of 8 Old 10-28-2014, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Windshield or fairing

Has anyone put on a windshield or fairing on their gunner?
post #6 of 8 Old 10-28-2014, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Mini STANDARD.

I am guessing the MINI Standard listed for the Vegas would also fit the Gunner. It is not the "Lock and Ride" type and it is a little shorter so if it fits it may look better.

If you click on "Gallery" - then on "Iowa Boy" there is a picture of my Vegas 8-BALL with the MINI STANDARD on It!

DAC
post #7 of 8 Old 10-30-2014, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
post #8 of 8 Old 12-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Jim

Great review, thanks for posting it, something many victory owners should find of value.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page