2015 Victory Gunner Review - Victory Gunner Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
2015 Victory Gunner Review

When your tagline is “Ride One and You’ll Own One,” you’d better be producing a product that backs up those claims. While Victory has been working diligently to get people in the saddle of its motorcycles, its latest offering aims to both increase accessibility of the brand and to appeal to a broader scope of riders. To help achieve this goal, Victory trimmed the fat off its latest cruiser, the 2015 Gunner, lowering its seat height to a rider-friendly 25-inches and offering it at an attractive price point of $12,999.

The Gunner’s sporty disposition comes courtesy of blacked-out components, frame and engine, throaty pipes streaking down its right side, a small front fender covering chunky Dunlop 491 Elite II tires, and a low-slung solo seat, the entire package decked out in attractive Suede Titanium paint. For good measure Victory slapped on a new set of 24-spoke cast aluminum wheels.

During our recent trip to Daytona Beach Bike Week, we sought to find out if the 2015 Gunner has the performance to match its styling chops. We got one afternoon in its saddle to accomplish those goals, a combination of rural roads past the Cabbage Patch to De Leon Springs, intermixed with a few highway miles before bombing around a few turns by Daytona International Speedway. Climbing onto its saddle for the first time reveals that the Gunner is indeed low-slung, suitable for riders with shorter inseams but comfortable for me as well at six-feet-tall. Forward-mounted controls leave plenty of room to spread out while the reach to its bars places the riding position at a slightly forward lean. The Gunner is equipped with a solo seat, padded well enough for the first 50 or so miles before a little numbing creeps into the lower back.

Source: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/267/18...irst-Ride.aspx
post #2 of 5 Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
doesnt say much really
id like to see more critical reviews

post #3 of 5 Old 04-22-2014, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
out in the wild the gunner looks great to me, no complaints, even the stock mirrors look good, still something i'd consider changing out

post #4 of 5 Old 05-21-2014, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
It is only a first ride review and not a full review which may have something to do with it not being as critical. I like reading any info available though. I think it gives me a more rounded view of what's going on. I'll agree that it isn't the most informative review that I've ever read though.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-21-2014, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
You have a point, but for now it will do, still some good info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page