$1000 Rebate... - Victory Gunner Forum
 1Likes

Old 12-30-2014, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
$1000 Rebate...

Does anyone know if the armed forces rebate of $1000 comes off the price of the bike at the point of sale or does Victory send a check? Are there any rebates available for non-armed forces/police/firefighter people?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

I have some friends and family members who are veterans and retired police. Would I be a be a bad person if I asked one of them to buy the Gunner and get the rebate, then I buy the bike from them?

I have the ultimate respect for members of the military, police, and firefighters, so I don't want to disrespect them by doing this. But $1000 savings is a big deal.

If you're in the military, police force, or a firefighter, would you be okay with someone doing this?
Old 01-10-2015, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
I'm not sure what the process is like for that but you best bet is to call up a local dealer or victor HQ to see what they say.

IMO, out of respect, i wouldn't do it unless I was actually in the force.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

I just watched a "60 Minutes" segment about soldiers recovering from various types of physical injuries, specifically amputations. I'm no longer considering a back-door way to get the rebate. How shameful it would be of me to try to get this rebate. I'm embarrassed I even thought of it.

At least I didn't go through with it.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I just watched a "60 Minutes" segment about soldiers recovering from various types of physical injuries, specifically amputations. I'm no longer considering a back-door way to get the rebate. How shameful it would be of me to try to get this rebate. I'm embarrassed I even thought of it.

At least I didn't go through with it.
Victory is a good company, but they are price gougers like most car/bike companies. I (Navy vet) would not be offended.

In 2009 (before any military discounts) I got an 8-BALL with a 1k early (March) discount. If you find a dealer with a good supply or in a good mood you can usually get a 13k bike with a 1k discount by a take it or leave it approach.

DAC ~~~><>
Old 01-14-2015, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-BALL View Post
Victory is a good company, but they are price gougers like most car/bike companies. I (Navy vet) would not be offended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-BALL View Post
8-Ball,

Thanks for your thoughts.

My dad was in the Navy (DD-845) during the Korean War. While he was alive there wasn't the level of public appreciation for military personnel as there is now. So, while I'm happy to see Victory offering this well-deserved rebate to service members, it's a little bittersweet for me as his son because he never got such gestures of appreciation for his service. But, like most members of the military, he was the type of guy who didn't seek and was embarrassed by "thanks for your service" sentiments. But I have a feeling he would have deeply appreciated and taken full advantage of Victory's rebate. He loved biking.

Anyways, I'm getting way off topic. Like you said, 8-Ball, I should be able to find a dealer who's williing to negotiate a grand off MSRP.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Pretty sure that rebates have to be sent in after paying up front. Otherwise it would just be a discount.
Victor likes this.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
Pretty sure that rebates have to be sent in after paying up front. Otherwise it would just be a discount.
That is how they usually work.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I used it just a couple weeks ago to purchase my gunner, just print the form off the website. and take it in to the dealer with you. They will knock 1k off the price. Just make sure to take a copy of your DD214 with you or other proof of service ie. ID card, VA card. Luckly they let me stack all the rebates. so I ended up getting about 3.5k off the bike price.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Comes off the Price. If you go on one of the Victory test rides an additional $500

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List