Stalled and Neutral Rattle - Victory Gunner Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 09-09-2015, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Stalled and Neutral Rattle

I have about 6K miles.

I was slowing to stop in a traffic light when it turned green. Almost to a stop so I dropped it to 1st with clutch pulled. Starting to speed up, releasing clutch and adding throttle, motor stalled. It was a good thing there was no traffic so just coasted to a stop and turn it on again.

I also just recently have experienced downshifting from 2nd to 1st but instead into neutral and hear this loud rattle when trying to get it to 1st. I'll have it looked at next week while it is still under warranty.

Latest Update:
The stalling never happened again but now the getting stuck to neutral is getting worst. I'm scheduled for next week at the dealer but for now I still ride it.

If I'm slowing to a stop and I tried to get it to 1st before above any speed of 10mph, it will get stuck in Neutral and will not go down to 1st until I'm stop. It now happens everytime unless I shift to 1st when I'm almost stopped.

I already adjusted the clutch cable and linkage that I thought were loose. I'll keep this thread updated with that the dealer will do to get this fixed.
post #2 of 4 Old 09-15-2015, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Looking forward to hearing what you have to report back from what the dealer does.

Have you noticed any other owners experiencing this?

post #3 of 4 Old 09-26-2015, 02:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Downshifting to first isn't recommended at any speed above 10 MPH (16 km/h). Doing so can cause damage to the gears within your transmission. Also, a slight rev of the throttle immediately before downshifting helps to mesh the gears by matching the engine speed to the transmission speed. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have no idea what could have possibly caused your stall from the stop light.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-29-2015, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Looking forward to hearing what you have to report back from what the dealer does.

Have you noticed any other owners experiencing this?
I've been busy and forgot to post a reply. I did bring it to the dealer and they were able to replicate what I was experiencing but as mention by others, they also recommended not downshifting to first while it is not almost at a stop.

They don't know why that when it was new that I could shift to first regardless of the speed as long as I'm pulling the clutch but now it get stuck to neutral. They said they have not had any customers having the same issue and they don't know what needs to be adjusted unless there is a total failure on the transmission.

I just adjusted my riding style and downshifting only to first when I'm below 20mph and I do not get stuck to neutral anymore. I still experience it when I forget but I just wait till I stop and shift it to first and it does.

Some might question why I do that in the first place. My first bike is a sportster and that thing does not want to get to neutral so I got use to downshifting up to first without experiencing the shift to neutral. But at the same time, it was such a pain to get to neutral. In a stoplight, by the time I get it to neutral, it's already green.

About the stall, never happened again so did not even bother bringing it up. I already know what they'll say.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page