Harley Guys Switching to Victory Gunner? - Page 2 - Victory Gunner Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 20 Old 07-08-2014, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-BALL View Post
Both better than average looking bikes. Looks like the Slim has spokes requiring inner tubes - the Gunner has Aluminum wheels that can use tubeless tires, and tire plugs.

DAC
they sure do and will stand out and break some necks

post #12 of 20 Old 07-13-2014, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I traded in my 05 Softail for a Gunner and would do it again in a heartbeat.
post #13 of 20 Old 07-15-2014, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordwrench View Post
oh yea, what was the prime motivator?

post #14 of 20 Old 07-23-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
that's great to hear, i'm sure there will be many that can relate to that.

post #15 of 20 Old 07-24-2014, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Also happy to hear this. The worst would be to hear that people traded in and hated the Gunner ultimately. That would be sad.
post #16 of 20 Old 07-29-2014, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Having owned my Harley for 10 years and having a cam bearing fail at 28k after telling me for 3 visits over 3 weeks that my noise was "NORMAL" it sent metal through out the engine and then the dealer only replaced just the bearing and charging for a complete cam kit. I contacted HD directly about the dealers fraud and their response was m bike was too old. Really WTF!!! I ended up going after the dealer and they settled out of court. I replaced the cams, rear cyl and both pistons myself and had all the valves done and replaced 1 valve guide. Now the warranty company would not cover the damage as they had already cut the dealer a check for the cam kit they were charged for but the dealer never installed so the repairs were up to me to pay for. LUCKY ME. I was so pissed at every involved that I could no longer see me on a Harley ever again, mind you I am a member of the Harley Advisory Board. The only thing I am afraid of now is the Gunner has developed a cold engine knock for the first 10-30 seconds. I looked in the cyls with a bore scope and can see a straight vertical line in the front cyl. There is also a rattling noise at idle from the front of the engine. I hope this engine is not destroying it's self. All I want is a bike that I can ride and not have to have in the shop. OK my venting is over. Stay away from the HD dealer in the cereal city.
post #17 of 20 Old 08-25-2015, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a Street Glide S and have no intention of getting rid of it. The Gunner make the perfect bike to compliment the big Street Glide. I did let my BMW K bike go to buy the Gunner. It really looks out of place at the Victory/Trike dealer!
Victor likes this.
post #18 of 20 Old 08-27-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape sling View Post
I have a Street Glide S and have no intention of getting rid of it. The Gunner make the perfect bike to compliment the big Street Glide. I did let my BMW K bike go to buy the Gunner. It really looks out of place at the Victory/Trike dealer!
It looking out of place at a dealer is actually good, after all they have to sell the thing and it stands out as much as it does... getting people to question it

post #19 of 20 Old 09-01-2015, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
It looking out of place at a dealer is actually good, after all they have to sell the thing and it stands out as much as it does... getting people to question it
I think you are correct - the BMW is gone Should of gone to the dark side and used CraigsList
post #20 of 20 Old 11-30-2016, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I traded my 10-year-old H-D FXD for a 2016 Gunner. My choices were between the Gunner, Softail Slim, Street Glide, and Cross Country.

About a year ago, Cycle World did a comparo between the Gunner, Softail Slim, and Indian Chief Dark Horse. That's when the Gunner sort of got on my radar - even though it did not win the comparison.

I wasn't sure about it until I walked in the Victory-Indian showroom - that Gunner just grabbed me and would not let go... after 2500 miles, I love this bike!

(disclaimer: I am 58 years old with over 45 years of riding experience. I have owned standards, sportbikes, and cruisers. This Gunner is bike number 14)

Last edited by risdo; 11-30-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page