The Dark Side... - Victory Gunner Forum
User Tag List

#1 Old 08-28-2014, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
The Dark Side...

Anyone know anyone who darksides? As in Car Tires on a Moto? Seems to be popular with the touring crowd...

http://www.ridermagazine.com/browse-...torcycles.htm/

#2 Old 08-28-2014, 04:07 PM

I'm new to touring bikes and cruisers, haven't heard of them, time to look into it.
#3 Old 08-28-2014, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Its basically just putting car tires on a motorcycle. Usually just the rear tire. I've never been too interested in it. I thin the main advantage is that your tires last longer.
#4 Old 08-28-2014, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
On the ST1300 site there are a few "Dark-Siders". I think mainly for the initial cost and the additional miles.

Maybe not popular, but some are doing it. There is also an insurance question about voiding coverage and false claims etc.

It is irritating that GoldWing riders get twice the miles as my Sport-Touring bike and the Vegas 8-BALL. I guess the suspension is so much better (and heavier) that they don't need softer rubber.

I am gonna stick to motorcycles tires.... If I rode 20k plus miles a year I would maybe check it out.

DAC

Wow! Just watched the video. Best one I have seen of a GW rear tire! Would like to see that done in the rain.

Last edited by 8-BALL; 08-28-2014 at 08:23 PM.
#5 Old 09-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-BALL View Post
On the ST1300 site there are a few "Dark-Siders". I think mainly for the initial cost and the additional miles.

Maybe not popular, but some are doing it. There is also an insurance question about voiding coverage and false claims etc.

It is irritating that GoldWing riders get twice the miles as my Sport-Touring bike and the Vegas 8-BALL. I guess the suspension is so much better (and heavier) that they don't need softer rubber.

I am gonna stick to motorcycles tires.... If I rode 20k plus miles a year I would maybe check it out.

DAC

Wow! Just watched the video. Best one I have seen of a GW rear tire! Would like to see that done in the rain.
In the rain would be a great test, something i can't wait to see.

With how viral it went it might just be soon that we see something.
#6 Old 09-04-2014, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
For me I think that if its not broken I'm not going to fix it. I have no problem with motorcycle tires so until I do, I don't see any reason to change it.
#7 Old 10-10-2014, 08:30 PM

^ that's the best way to go about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page