Rubbing Sound Rear Wheel - Victory Gunner Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 07-13-2015, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rubbing Sound Rear Wheel

Hello
I was wondering if anyone else has heard an intermittent rubbing sound coming from their Gunner's rear wheel area? I mentioned this to my dealer at the 500 mile service and they applied some lubricant to the belt drive but that didn't help... Could the rear wheel axle need grease it may not have gotten enough of upon manufacture? I assume these bikes are fully assembled at the Victory plant, or could the dealer has missed a step when they pulled it out of the crate? Could the rear wheel need alignment already?

I am going back to the dealer but not sure what the next steps are... Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Ed
post #2 of 12 Old 07-13-2015, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I have heard something while riding mine. I'm not sure if it's brake dragging or what. Currently at 1,100 miles.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-15-2015, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisModem View Post
I have heard something while riding mine. I'm not sure if it's brake dragging or what. Currently at 1,100 miles.
Have you by any chance started to inspect it to see what exactly it could be?

post #4 of 12 Old 07-15-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have an appt. at dealer this weekend to have it looked at again... They think it must be the drive belt and it does sound like it's coming from that side (versus the brake side) but I will post an update after the service.
post #5 of 12 Old 07-24-2015, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I did early on especially with a passenger. Had it looked at at a larger dealership and found the belt was over tightened during initial assembly. Once in spec it has been great.
Victor likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-29-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I did early on especially with a passenger. Had it looked at at a larger dealership and found the belt was over tightened during initial assembly. Once in spec it has been great.
Unfortunate that's what happened back at the assembly plant, but good for us it gives other owners some direction of what to expect. If that's what happened to yours there's a chance this could be wide-spread or narrowed down to a small batch.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I've also seen posts (with pictures) of wear on the belt from a stud on the engine case. I don't recall exactly where I saw it. Otherwise, I'd post the link.
post #8 of 12 Old 08-20-2015, 12:04 PM

That's not good, hopefully they are addressing this and making it a change part of next model year.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-22-2015, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I picked mine up today and I noticed the same type of sound from the rear wheel. Most noticable at low speed. Glad I joined this forum tonight!
post #10 of 12 Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The dealer loosened the belt to specs today and there was no change, at low speeds I still get an intermittent drag type harmonic vibration (I have no idea if those word were ever used together before!). I inspected all of the exposed bolts and the belt but there was no evidence of interference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page