uncomfortable stock seat - Victory Gunner Forum

post #1 of 13 Old 06-30-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
uncomfortable stock seat

Hey all I'm looking at getting a gunner. I was down at the dealer the other day for an inspection on my z1000 and couldn't help taking it for a ride. I liked everything about it except for the seat bothering my tail bone. Dealer said they had take offs from another model they would put on for me that were more cushioned. The seat is the only thing stopping me. I have a Corbin on my z1000 and don't mind it at all. Is the Corbin worth it? I don't want to buy the bike and not like riding it because of the seat.
post #2 of 13 Old 06-30-2014, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke View Post
Hey all I'm looking at getting a gunner. I was down at the dealer the other day for an inspection on my z1000 and couldn't help taking it for a ride. I liked everything about it except for the seat bothering my tail bone. Dealer said they had take offs from another model they would put on for me that were more cushioned. The seat is the only thing stopping me. I have a Corbin on my z1000 and don't mind it at all. Is the Corbin worth it? I don't want to buy the bike and not like riding it because of the seat.
I have a Corbin single on my Vagus 8-BALL. It is/was in the Victory accessory catalog and it is called a Victory.... made by Corbin. It has VICTORY embroidered on the back. There is a picture of it in our Gallery, it has more of a slope on the back.

DAC
post #3 of 13 Old 07-02-2014, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-BALL View Post
I have a Corbin single on my Vagus 8-BALL. It is/was in the Victory accessory catalog and it is called a Victory.... made by Corbin. It has VICTORY embroidered on the back. There is a picture of it in our Gallery, it has more of a slope on the back.

DAC
Nice, i'll have to take a look at that gallery.

post #4 of 13 Old 07-02-2014, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Here are some pictures of the COrbin seat for the Gunner.

And there is more here --> http://www.corbin.com/polaris_victor...llywood2.shtml

From what I have read it is more comfortable than the stock seat. Some have said that the seam can get uncomfortable when on long rides.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-03-2014, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
You could also take the seat to a local upholsterer and get them to customise the seat perfectly for your tush. Would cost about the same or less as a Corbin...
post #6 of 13 Old 07-03-2014, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Yea that might actually be less expensive than buying the seat from Corbin. You could get some nice diamond stitched brown leather or something. Plenty of options. That's actually a great idea now that I'm thinking about it. I guess if you want it to be more comfortable too you'd need to add some padding too.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-03-2014, 07:17 PM

that's a nice looking seat
post #8 of 13 Old 07-04-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
Yea that might actually be less expensive than buying the seat from Corbin. You could get some nice diamond stitched brown leather or something. Plenty of options. That's actually a great idea now that I'm thinking about it. I guess if you want it to be more comfortable too you'd need to add some padding too.
absolutely, I've done it on a few bikes in the past. Its a completely custom experience/product and the guy I've dealt with would let me have a sit before he sewed it all together to ensure that the ergos were just right... Seriously recommended for everyone...
post #9 of 13 Old 07-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Aunt View Post
absolutely, I've done it on a few bikes in the past. Its a completely custom experience/product and the guy I've dealt with would let me have a sit before he sewed it all together to ensure that the ergos were just right... Seriously recommended for everyone...
that's awesome, it's pretty much the best way to ensure it really is the best it can be for you.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-04-2014, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Aunt View Post
You could also take the seat to a local upholsterer and get them to customise the seat perfectly for your tush. Would cost about the same or less as a Corbin...
Yeah I really like that idea. I'll have to see what I have for upholstery shops in the area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page