An new challenger: the 2015 Star Bolt - Victory Gunner Forum

post #1 of 15 Old 06-06-2014, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
An new challenger: the 2015 Star Bolt

The Victory Gunner isn't the only one in this market segment. Yamaha is revealing its 2015 Star Bolt cruiser, the follow-up to its hit Star XV950 Bolt. The original Bolt was one of the first bikes to truly embrace customer customization -- "we built it, you make it your own."

The 2015 Bolt has a compact frame with a low 27.2 inch seat. That seat is in the middle of the double-cradle frame, and the short wheelbase provides excellent handling in the busy traffic. The Bolt has 41mm forks, dual rear shocks, new wave rotors for both front and rear, and a hassle-free belt drive mated to the 5-speed transmission are standard.

The 2015 Bolt has a 942cc air-cooled engine with a penthouse chamber, roller rocker and a 4-valve design. The mass is kept low with a lighter cylinder head design.

The price comes in at $7,990, and will be available in July 2014. It will come in Glacier Blue or Candy Red.

Yamaha is a much bigger brand than Victory, so I'm guessing that the new Bolt will be some big competition for our friend the Gunner.

post #2 of 15 Old 06-06-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
With women seeing this....

it may want to make some of them get on a bike
post #3 of 15 Old 06-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Oh I do like this very much! Reminds me a bit of a sportster however...

post #4 of 15 Old 06-09-2014, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

I like how the design looks great, but its very simple. It looks like they weren't trying too hard (and I mean that in a good way.) Looks like it'd need a windscreen though. Hope that doesn't ruin the look of the bike.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-09-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
I like how the design looks great, but its very simple. It looks like they weren't trying too hard (and I mean that in a good way.) Looks like it'd need a windscreen though. Hope that doesn't ruin the look of the bike.
Sometimes keeping it simple is really the way to go and they proved how good that can be with this.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-10-2014, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Sometimes keeping it simple is really the way to go and they proved how good that can be with this.
It also sets people up really nicely to do work on their bike to make it their own once they take it home. You can see it as a blank canvas on which to build whatever bike you truly desire. I'm sure we will see plenty of custom Star Bolts in the future that show us the vast possibilities.
post #7 of 15 Old 06-11-2014, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
if its an urban bike you dont really NEED a windscreen, its when you're laying down miles on the open road that the winds gets tiring...

Even the new Shadow is a pretty little thing...

post #8 of 15 Old 06-11-2014, 04:55 PM

it does, no need for some service manual that only rocket scientist can understand. many perks to going this route, but then again there are those that love all the modern features and all the gizmo's they can have
post #9 of 15 Old 06-13-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Do you think that the Victory Gunner offers people the same opportunity to customize their bike as something like the Star Bolt does? Will there be a lot of after market options for us to choose from, or do most people just leave a bike like the Gunner the way that it is?
post #10 of 15 Old 06-13-2014, 05:13 PM

aftermarket should be available, i just don't think it should be expected to cover as many things as they do with other bikes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Gunner Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page